> Cameras are getting cheap enough to use everywhere.  Just ask our friends
> in the UK. But it's important that we keep the government honest - that's
> how we ward off the big brother syndrome.

Funny thing is that goverments are strongly opposed to observation of
politicans, both during their work hours and their private lives. Why, if
they don't ever do anything wrong?

Btw, some guy in Germany got busted because he installed a webcam in his
window. Everyone with a web browser could therefore observe the public road.
His neighbours sued and won.

I guess there si a differnce between being in a crowded place and knowing
it, or being "alone", with the suspicion that some unseen people are
watching your every move.

It seems nowadays that "freedom" is best implemented by "constant
supervision". :-(

- Klaus