On Feb 24, 2006, at 12:15 AM, Robert G. Seeberger wrote:

To be clear, these particular devices have *some* potential for
misuse, but I expect that the next generation of devices that will
come on the heels of cheaper devices of this generation will have
capabilities that could be problematic for security and law
enforcement, hence the expectation of more restrictive legislation
concerning their possession and use.

Well yes. There are increasing problems for pilots - people with lasers like to illuminate planes and choppers, and pilots are at risk of dazzling or eye damage.

Was a report on Australian tv last night, so I'm now an expert. ;)

Charlie