Alberto Monteiro wrote:

Julia Thompson wrote:

Actually, JDG is capable of carrying on a conversation that doesn't
involve politics or religion, and can be an entertaining dining
companion.  Leastways, that's my experience (2 occasions).

DON'T DO THAT!!! IT'S DANGEROUS!!!

When we had a casual conversation with him here in Rio de Janeiro,
in July 2005, he casually mentioned that the next hurricane to strike
New Orleans would destroy the city, and that some people thought
that reconstruction would be too expensive and the better was to
Format & Reinstall.

So, people, now you all know the truth: JDG summoned Katrina
with his Evil spells, just to prove he was right!

Don't we have some sort of understanding on this list that we won't
cast aspersions upon our listmates, especially in their absence?

I've wondered what happened to these two of our erstwhile "alpha
mails" of late, too. I don't have to agree with them to hope that
they're OK. Things have been fairly quiet from brother Goodall, as
well. Maybe he joined a monastery :-).

Dave