Ronn! said:

Actually all I was hinting was that whenever troops get sent to "keep the peace" in some region of the world, 99% of the time the troops and the money come from the good ol' U—S—A . . .

This is totally untrue.

If we look at UN peacekeeping operations, the USA ranks 31st out of 107 contributing nations, providing a mere 372 out of a total of 73,034 UN peacekeepers.

Now let's look at operations not under UN command. In Afghanistan, there are around 9000 troops in the NATO ISAF force. The largest contributors are Germany, France and Spain; there are 89 attached US troops. An additional 5,000 British troops in Afghanistan are not attached to ISAF. It seems there are also 2000 Canadian troops not under NATO command. The US deployment to Afghanistan is something like 21,000.

In the Balkans, there are around 7000 troops from EUFOR. The only figure I could find for US deployment there was 250 troops.

Even in Iraq, there are currently 133,000 US troops, but also 8000 British so the US is providing far less than 99% of the troops.

Rich, who would be interested in more detailed and accurate figures than he could find in ten minutes of googling.