On Mar 25, 2006, at 6:56 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

On 3/24/06, Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Two strikes against this one: It's a song about music, which amounts
to admitting that you have NOTHING left to write about but your job,
and it's about the U.S.A., which says "I am SUCH a loser that I have
to kiss your national ass to get any airplay.

So, I suppose if someone were to write a song claiming that they write the song that make the whole world sing, that would also be bad? Or would it be
okay since he'd risen above jingoism?

Would it be better or worse if he wrote songs that made young girls cry?

And what if his songs made you dance and your heart take a chance?

In the immoral words of Erik Reuter, "please pay attention!" :-)

The songwriter in question would be quite well-covered in this thread: see
recent entries for both Mandy and Copacabana.

You may not know that there's a very fine archive for this community at
www.mccmedia.com/pipermail/brin-l/. The thread goes back a couple of
weeks, so take your time, enjoy a trip down musical memory lane (not to
be confused with the "Miracle Mile", which is mentioned in several songs
not worth quoting, nor to be confused with "Palisade Park").

(Any bozo can copy and paste lyrics -- let's show some creativity, people.)

And any number of us have done so. Do you have a point?

And, to your point about creativity,l I didn't see anyone else mention
Terpsichore... or post on-point lyrics to *his own song*.

Dave "I wrote /a/ song that made a middle-aged old girl laugh" Land