On Mar 26, 2006, at 8:55 PM, Julia Thompson wrote:

Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
At 01:50 AM Thursday 3/23/2006, Dave Land wrote:
On Mar 22, 2006, at 11:05 PM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

Being pretty much in 1-1 correspondence with machine language, it
also offers you the opportunity to get into places you probably
shouldn't be and mess things up royally, even (in fact, usually)
unintentionally . . .

Bottom line: this thread is misnamed. Software suckz.
I thought of changing it, but you know the power of tradition . . .

And the demand for backward compatibility....

Yes. At work recently, I was on a project where the goal was humorously
described as "change how it works, but don't change any of the files."

Because, you see, people already know what was in the files.

Dave

The Ex-Files Maru