On 4/13/06, Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> maru dubshinki wrote:
> > Shouldn't it be used on a partition?
> >
> Both uses are possible. But _after_ I have installed the
> system, there's no safe way to create a partition.

Well, not easily. I'm pretty sure the Reisers and Ext2 and up support resizing.

> > And if you are using it on a
> > partition, are you running as root? And if so, is your partition set
> > to be a swap partition?
> >
> There should be no problem with mkswap, because I had done that before,
> with Fedora Core 2 and some of those one-CD-distros.
>
> > If all that doesn't work, just use Debian or Ubuntu. :)
> >
> :-)
>
> I tried Kubuntu, but I hated it. How can a linux distro come
> _without_ gcc and make?

Meh. It's just an apt-get away. But I see you are a KDE man.  You
deserve what you get, you and the GNOME partisans both. Perdition on
both your houses!

Incidentally, I'm probably trying to teach my grandmother to sew here,
but are you really sure you're using the right kind of file? The man
pages make it sound like a very specific, profane kind of file is
needed.

> Alberto Monteiro

~maru
Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's just an apt-get install tomorrow away...