On 4/17/2006 10:34:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> So how do you explain cats?
>
> Cats are a perfect example of non-domestication. We have certainly
> bred
> them to be smaller and tamer  but they are not domesticated in the
> way
> that dogs are domesticated. They do not connect with humans in the
> same way.

I'm not by nature a cat person. But our cats love me to death and will
obey any imperative command I give (Get Down!...Get Back In The
House!) especially if accompanied by a single clap.
<G>
They also know what the phrases "Malt" and "Canned Cat Food" mean and
will come immediately if you ask them if they want some. ("Malt" is a
malt or salmon flavored hairball gel........apparently quite yummy)

xponent
Catmunication Maru
rob