On 4/27/06, Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ... It says nothing about "God grieving".

"Jesus wept."  That's God grieving, in my book.

> Anyway, i think it's pretty clear that this world is too random to be
> being controlled by God. We're on our own in this life. If you choose
> to believe in the next life and believe that your faith is a route to
> it, fair enough. But there's precious little order in this one.

The older I get, the more I grasp Job and Ecclesiastes, which portray life
as absurd, but here to be enjoyed.  I don't think I ever expect that my
faith would head in this direction... but now I look back and see how
miserable I can make myself when I demand to understand everything.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]