> Ten or fifteen years ago, I gave Kiersey style Myers-Briggs
        > tests to dozen people I knew.

    And anecdotal evidince has what value in science?

Well, you need not pay any attention to my report.  My experience was
that when I gave a test to a dozen people, I found that a bit more
than half the results matched the categories into which I fit people
in other ways.  Moreover, since I myself did the experiment and
followed the reasoning, I had an internal experience that I found
convincing to myself.

        >         Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations,
        >         Virgo's are generous entertainers.  They enjoy and
        >         joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving,
        >         especially where custom prescribes.

        >         All else being equal, Virgo's enjoy being in charge.
        >         They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard
        >         and play with zest. Virgo's, bear strong allegiance to
        >         rights of seniority.  They willingly provide service
        >         (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from
        >         others.
        > vrs
        >         Pices's are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture
        >         so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often
        >         actually are oblivious to the world around them.
        >
        >         Precise about their descriptions, Pices's will often
        >         correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of
        >         meaning is a bit off.  While annoying to the less
        >         concise, this fine discrimination ability gives Pices's
        >         so inclined a natural advantage as, for example,
        >         grammarians and linguists.

    Reads like an astrology collumn in the newspaper.

Doesn't to me, unless of course, you pay attention to the names (like
Pices and Virgo).  To me, Forer's text as given in
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect
sounds much more like an astrology column.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8