> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<most snipped>

> American Hippotherapy Association
> _www.americanhippotherapyassociation.org_
> (http://www.americanhippotherapyassociation.org)
>
> Not a ton specific to Autism, but awareness and
> advocacy helps drive things...

I didn't realize that therapuetic riding, with which I
am somewhat familiar, is considered to be quite
separate from hippotherapy.  I guess that I have a
problem with regarding horses as merely a technique,
like using a pool program, when it is the relationship
of the 'patient' to the horse that I find contributes
greatly to improvement.  The best therapy horses and
dogs have an innate sensitivity to humans; they are
nonjudgemental, patient and persistent, and seem to
tailor their responses to the individual person's
specific needs or abilities.

Debbi
who seems to be a bit peckish, despite a tasty
luncheon grill-out at the office (mmm, homemade cheesecake...)