> Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> > And I wonder why he never did one of cats?

> Because the cat worked out what he wanted it to do,
> and so did
> something else. That's cats for you.

<grin>  They do like to tweak our noses as often as
possible.

I suspect cheetahs, at least, have a 'double
suspension' run like whippets and greyhounds; they all
have incredible coiled-spring spinal systems.  Heavier
cats like lions and tigers might not; I read somewhere
that cats, pound for pound, have the strongest muscles
of land mammals, so maybe they too can hit that
extended phase, since they also have a flexible cat
spine.

Debbi
Planted Tomatoes, Eggplants And Sweet Peppers In The
Greenhouse Yesterday Maru