Doug Pensinger wrote:
Are you a fundy? Do you believe that the earth and heavens were created in six days approximately 6000 years ago?
No, I think that the "six days" mentioned in the Bible are more properly thought of as six creative periods each of which is of indeterminate length. Each of those "days" could easily have been tens of millions or hundreds of millions of years long or even longer. But if I do not know exactly how long the earth was forming before mankind came on the scene, I highly suspect that the scientific community doesn't either. Just during my own lifetime they have repeatedly changed their estimates almost always claiming that the earth is much older than the last time they pretended to know. They obviously haven't got a clue. --JWR