Nick Arnett wrote:

> We went to the San Jose Flea Market today... a large affair,
> with all sorts of vendors... including a photogaphy studio...
> where They Have Appeared.  I got a picture with my camera phone.
>
> And dang it, they're not teal.

http://www.mccmedia.com/pink_unicorn/

Sigh.
No, they are not teal. But they aren't real either. The wheels
protruding from the beast in that photo are a good hint...

I think it is time I stepped in sorted out this confusion. After all,
the Bearer of Truth can do no less:

Unicorns do not exist, not as a separate species anyway. What happens is
that people with bad eye-sights, or faulty cameras, look at rhinocereses
and see unicorns. And the the fight about colour? Well, that is a
side-effect of the fact that the rhinos love Holi and each year a few of
them get caught in the near-permanent dye solutions. So different
people, at different times, have seen pink, blue, green, teal, and red
'unicorns'.

Ritu
GCU Myth Buster