--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think there is an economic formula in existence that justifies
> making money in a cause for which people are giving their very lives.

Is not the logical conclusion of this that we should have an
all-volunteer army, lest soldiers make money in a cause for which people
are giving their very lives?    Or at least to only pay a death stipend?

How do you suppose that armies should get their food, clothing, and
boots - if not by purchasing them, at profit, from producers of food,
clothing, and boots?

JDG