Ronn! wrote:

> What if we spend the >>$10T (Dan's figure) to reduce the
> anthropogenic component of global warming and then find out that it
> was not the primary driving cause and we still have to deal with
> the storms, floods, droughts, famines and hundreds of millions of
> refugees?  Or if China doesn't want to go along with what the rest
> of the world does and uses its military to enforce its right to do
> whatever it chooses to do?  (I suppose "nuclear winter" might
> indeed be a way to counteract "global warming" . . . )  Or, of
> course, "all  of the above" . . .

Then we'll have a cleaner, more efficient world that, having worked
together and not been entirely successful at solving a problem, can
use that problem solving experience to face a grave threat to their
survival.

And how is it that we expect China to participate if the so called
leaders of the world don't?

Doug