On 14/10/2006, at 12:59 AM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

At 07:54 AM Friday 10/13/2006, Charlie Bell wrote:

On 13/10/2006, at 9:26 AM, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

I'm looking for a program or method to be able to copy a CD-ROM
onto the HD and install it and run it from there.  Someone on
another list said there is a program called "Liquid CD" which does
this on the Mac.  I of course am looking for something for WinXP.
Any suggestions?

Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%. Will allow you to mount a CD image (ISO
or nrg or whatever) to a virtual drive.

More that one, or will every CD image have to have a different drive letter?

Alcohol mounts one at a time to its virtual drive on whatever letter you specify when you install it, but remembers previous images in its main window so it's a breeze to swap them. I use it to "no cd" a couple of games, and to install backed up software off a dvd image containing cd images. I've not used Daemon Tools in years so I can't recall how that works. And I've just remembered that Nero has a disc image mounter, and I think that one allows multiple images.

Charlie