On 23 Oct 2006 at 17:11, Dan Minette wrote:

> > Meanwile, other - very well documented - research is showing that
> > less light has been hitting the Earth. By a degree, on average, of
> > some 22% in Israel - with comparative figures elsewhere.
> >

> Let me offer a fairly good and balanced website's take on this:
>
> http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=105

Heh. Try elsewhere for anything LIKE balanced. I'm NOT going to go
into
the entire flamewar about why. (Hint: PR flacks, not scientists)

> Basically, it shoots down the long term implications that were given by the
> strongest advocates of the global dimming theory:

It's absolute rubbish. There has been no serious criticism of the
data used in the studies, which show a consistant fall - in ALL parts
of the world. Yes, there are problems with a few individual issues
with the data, setting them aside makes less than 0.1% of a
difference in the result.

We know from the post-9/11 shutdown and the data gathered then the
high significance of vapour trails. Each and every study done comes
up with consistant results.

Every single climate model developed without global dimming is, as
things stand, a waste of processing time. There is good science to
say that cleaning up our atmosphere might be nothing short of
dangerous - the data on what would cause a runaway heat reaction is
looking gloomier and gloomier as time goes on.

AndrewC
Dawn Falcon