> "CHICAGO (Reuters) - Tiny bits of protein extracted from a 68-
> million- year-old dinosaur bone have given scientists the first
> genetic proof  that the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex is a distant cousin
> to the modern  chicken."

This bit of information is irrelevant. Since we all descend from the
proto-amphibian "Adam" and "Eve", they might as well said that T.rex
is a distant cousin of the modern frog, or the modern rat, or the
modern snake.

The *big* question is: is the T.rex a _less_ distant cousin
to the modern chicken then it's a cousin to the modern frog, rat or
snake?

Alberto Monteiro