i clicked on the link and got this, then i was disconnected...
could it be because i have a mac?
jlm

Welcome to the brin-l chat Mush!
Running on a new faster server! You will have to create your
name/password again.
Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] about admin issues.
Use create <name> <password> to create a character.
Use connect <name> <password> to connect to your existing character.
Use 'ch <name> <pass>' to connect hidden, and cd to connect DARK
(admin)
Use QUIT to logout.
Use the WHO command to find out who is online currently.

ALL USERS MUST CREATE THEIR NAME/PASSWORD AGAIN TO LOG IN

Use create <name> <password> to create a character.

This means YOU!

Welcome!