On 12 Sep 2007, at 21:04, jon louis mann wrote:

> we want more recruits, we would really like for you to
> join us. We're non-fattening and 100% environmentally
> friendly... Though sometimes marshmallows do get thrown.
>
> If you want to attend, it's really easy now.
> All you have to do is send your web browser to:
>
>   http://wtgab.demon.co.uk/~brinl/mud/
>
>   http://www.brin-l.org/brinmud.html
>
> It also gives a list of commands to use when you're
> in there; it tells you how to connect through a MUD client,
> which is more complicated to set up initially.
>
> i have tried many, many times to logon, but i am not a
> techi.  i have no idea what a MUD client is, or how
> to navigate the commands, even if i could find them.
> i thought at first it was because i have safari, but
> with firefox i simply get a blank page.
> anyway, i thought throwing marshmallows was a
> grateful dead tradition...
> clueless jon

When you get to the screen that contains the text

" Welcome to the brin-l chat Mush!
Running on a new faster server! You will have to create your name/
password again.
Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] about admin issues.
-----
Use create <name> <password> to create a character.
Use connect <name> <password> to connect to your existing character.
Use 'ch <name> <pass>' to connect hidden, and cd to connect DARK (admin)
Use QUIT to logout.
Use the WHO command to find out who is online currently.
-----

ALL USERS MUST CREATE THEIR NAME/PASSWORD AGAIN TO LOG IN

Use create <name> <password> to create a character.

***************
This means YOU!
***************"

Tab into or click in the text entry area under the scrolling area and
type the commands as described in the introductory message.

To create an account and log in you would type

create <name> <password>

(and the return key obviously)

where you replace <name> and <password> with the user name and
password you want to use such as

create KingKong ladder

(and the return key obviously)

On subsequent visits to the MUD you would type

connect <name> <password>

(and the return key obviously)

to log in using your previously set up user name and password.

Once you are logged in you can type WHO (and the return key
obviously) to see who else is there.

To say something either type say followed by whatever you want to say

say hello (and the return key obviously)

or you can abbreviate say to the " character

"hello

To leave tidily type QUIT (and the return key obviously)

That's the basics.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]