On 9/20/07, Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > That's not an ad hominem, that's just abuse. Ad hominem is when you
> > argue that the person is wrong because of some character of that
> > person, instead of engaging the argument.
>
> I think I sense a trend here:
>
> "Non-sequitur" used and spelled incorrectly, leading to griping.

 Spelled incorrectly, used correctly, lead to griping from those who
failed to grasp the basic outline of my argument.

> "Ad-hominem" used incorrectly, leading to correction.

I was using it in reference to this line:

"Oh, for Krum's sake, Martin. Take a pill."

I don't get the exact meaning but presumed you were suggesting
something about my mental state. In other words you were attacking my
character rather than the argument. Is this not a perfect example of
an ad hominem?

 Martin