----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:18 AM
Subject: RE: magic formula

> My belief is that in the last generation, large US capitalistic
> organizations have favored more feudalistic governance, inequality,
> and technological hindrance than before.

On the subject of technological hindrance, can you think of any
examples?
I can think of several examples of companies wanting to be "first to
market" or getting a "head start on the competition". (Mostly in
consumer electronics to be honest, which is more of a world market.)
Ford very quietly rolled out flex-fuel vehicles for a few years, even
before they became plainly desirable. You can see where my thinking
would be going along these lines.
So where would the hindrance be located? In the financial markets
where innovation is funded (venture capital)? Or in the distribution
markets where pre-existing relationships can stifle new ones?

xponent
Shallow Pools Of Knowledge On My Part Maru
rob