On 10/21/07, Robert J. Chassell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     ... the five kilovolt battery pack ...
>
> I did not realize that Toyota had a 5000 volt electric motor in their
> vehicle!  (I did not know that was possible.)

The current Prius have a 273-volt system (228 1.2-volt cells).... and a 50
kilowatt engine (when it is producing its full 67 hp).  I couldn't find
anything that describes the battery system in terms of kw/hrs, but I infer
from what I've read that it's around 2 kw/hrs.

I was surprised to see that it's only 67 hp... I drove my mother's Prius a
while ago and it seemed zippier than that.  Lots of torque, I guess.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]