At 01:00 PM 1/21/2008, David Brin wrote:

>Just a heads-up -
>
>Catch me on the History Channel's "Life After People" - January 21
>at 9pm.   A pretty cool show about how all our works may crumble, if
>we humans ever... well... vanish.

I worked out a mechanism for this to happen.

http://www.terasemjournals.org/GN0202/henson.html

This is part of an unfinished longer story that describes a world
carefully maintained by AIs that were designed from motivation up to
*like* taking care of human works--especially historical ones.

It isn't a very good story in the usual sense of such things, but if
some of you want to read the chapters in draft that kind of drift
through a post singularity world, ask for it.  I would appreciate
comment.  143kb Word file.

Keith Henson