Ronn! Blankenship said the following on 2/21/2008 12:31 AM:

> So . . . if they shot it /down/ before it crashed to Earth, where is
> it going to fall now?
>

> (Yes, I know . . . just seems they could have phrased that better . . . )

The point of shooting the satellite was to disrupt the fuel storage.  If
the satellite came down in one piece, there is a chance the hydrazine
fuel on board would survive to reach the surface.  If it impacts on
land, you get nasty poisonous gas cloud.

If the missile did it's job, the fuel storage was destroyed.  The
satellite (or remaining parts) will still come down, but now the
hydrazine will burn up during reentry.

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/