Doug Pensinger wrote:
> And to those of you that are atheist; would you consider the possibility
> that there may be entities in the universe, evolved from lower life forms
> that could for all intents and purposes be considered gods?

Well, anything can be a "possibility".  So yes, I consider it a
possibility.  But on the other hand, have we any evidence of higher life
forms?  No.  So I still don't believe in them either, be they
man-become-god or your average spaghetti-dinner-become-FSM.

I do find interesting the idea of "gods in futurity"...  of working to
become, in some way, gods ourselves and so I think there is a lot of
good things to learn from the mistakes of the various deities that are
worshipped today.  Hopefully we aren't doomed to repeat those mistakes.
  (That's the plot of Zelazny's Lord of Light, among others.)

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/