At 12:00 PM 4/10/2008, Ronn! Blankenship
  wrote:

(Keith wrote)
>>So my question to you, is which be an easier project to sell, a
>>demonstration project for a small number of billions over 10 or 15
>>years, or a really huge project in the high hundreds of billions to
>>massively displace coal and oil with solar energy from space in under
>>ten years?
>
>Or perhaps the real question is which of the following is the case?
>
>(1)  Your figures and their figures disagree that much, in which
>case it might be worthwhile to have someone else independently check
>both sets of figures (probably a good idea in \\any\\ case), or

We don't disagree on any figures.  I would defer to them if we did,
they are the experts.

>(2)  There is more on the agenda than simply finding longer-lasting,
>less-polluting sources of energy to replace oil.

I am sure of that.  The entire community seems to have been beaten
down for so long they don't know what direction up is.

I really don't think the initiative is going to come from the
engineering community any more than it did back before Kennedy
decided we would go to the moon.

Keith