On 11 Apr 2008, at 03:52, Curtis Burisch wrote:

> I have read almost all science fiction ever published, and my
> biggest gripe
> with the genre is that there are not enough authors publishing
> enough works
> to satisfy my appetite.

There have been between two- and three-hundred  new sf novels
published in English every year since the seventies, and probably the
sixties when the paperback boom began. SF as a recognisable genre has
been published since the nineteenth century with Wells and Verne. SF
magazines began in the 1920s and are still published today. That's
around 10,000 SF novels published just since 1960 and another 5000 or
so before, and 5000 or so issues of SF magazines. That's about 20,000
books worth of reading. I've read around 15% of that and I think I've
read a great deal of science fiction :)

> There have been a few slow episodes, whose lack of compelling
> content has
> been attributed to excessively long story arcs (as a result of the
> producers
> overextending the story arc) however for the most part BSG have seldom
> disappointed me. The fairly powerful love/hate relationship between
> Kara
> Thrace and Captain Adama (the junior) enthralled me for some time.
> Personally I experienced a powerful attraction to Kara!

I thought the worst episodes were the stand-alones in season 3 which
were requested by the network in an attempt to attract new viewers
unfamiliar with the complicated story.

I've heard there is no filler in the fourth season though!

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system,
and possibly program, of all time." - Bill Gates, 1987