Ronn! Blankenship wrote:
> At 10:23 PM Monday 4/28/2008, jon louis mann wrote:
>
>> i care more about the extinction of plant and animal species than
>> humanity.
>> jon
>>

>> hmmmm... i really don't think taking my own life will help matters...
>> jon
>>

> But in either case the result for you is the same.
>

> I'm simply trying to get across in this discussion how offensive I
> find it when anyone suggests that the death of every human on Earth
> or a substantial fraction of them is A Good Thing, especially when
> the people making the suggestion are clearly talking about Someone
> Else doing the dying, and one way to get across how offensive it is
> is to ask the people who are convinced that it would be such A Good
> Thing why they don't lead by example instead of (implicitly or
> explicitly) expecting Someone Else who does not necessarily agree
> that it would be A Good Thing if most or all humans died off to do
> the dying . . .

Ah, I see your point. Mass executions are indeed hideous. I was thinking
about population control from the breeding side. And I have indeed
attempted to lead by example. I was sterilized at age 20, and have no
children. Mind you, I do think that either we rein in population size,
or a lot of people die on other hideous ways. Is it a whole lot better
to avoid mass executions so that we can have mass starvation, or mass
plagues, or mass wars?

Regards,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Linux User #333216

"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft... and the only
one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor." -- Wernher von Braun