On Jun 22, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Jon Louis Mann wrote:

>> as for gates, i credit melinda for his philanthropic endeavors,
>> plus he gets a tax break...

I think a tip of the had must be given to his father, too.

Bill Gates, Jr. may have headed up a company that has proven itself
larcenous, plagiaristic, avaricious, and in prone to developing
inelegant, insecure software, but he was raised by a well-known
philanthropist, so there's nothing really new about the connection of
philanthropy with the name William H. Gates.

Here's an odd detail: the founder of Microsoft is William Henry Gates
III. His Father was William Henry Gates, and only later took to
calling himself "Sr.", to help people separate him from his famous
son. *That* William Henry Gates' father was named William Henry Gates
II, and _also_ later called himself "Sr." Seems to me that the founder
of Microsoft is at _least_ William Henry Gates IV. Or, as his company
would have named him, "Microsoft Billgates 1955, Personal Edition for
Windows".

>> i suspect the man is either mildly autistic, borderline personality
>> disorder, or has asperger's syndrome?

If you've seen the movie "The Corporation", the diagnosis is obvious.

Dave