On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 18/07/2008, at 12:07 AM, John Garcia wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Lance A. Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >>

> > I've worked in IT in the private, public and educational sectors and
> > I was
> > never more frustrated than when I worked at a university.
>
> Was that 'cause of the computers, or all the cute students wandering
> about? ;-)
>
> (You don't actually have to answer, especially if it may incriminate
> you...)
>
> C.

It was a pleasure to see humankind in all its glorious diversity and plumage
;-)
Students were great to support; sure there was a small minority who were
very annoying, but most of them were friendly and appreciative.
Administrators, department chairs and staff were another story. The
situation was reversed; the majority were imperious, arrogant and treated me
and my compadres like we were the scum that scum wipe off the soles of their
shoes. There were some who treated us like human beings, but that was the
minority.

john