Nick Arnett wrote:
> If it is making a connection to your wireless router, but behaving this way,
> it sounds like a gateway or DNS server address problem... make sure that
> your wireless connection is set to get the gateway address and DNS servers
> via DHCP.  If either of those is wrong, you'd get the symptoms you are
> describing.

I've found that often just right-clicking on the wireless connection
icon and selecting "Repair" can help you figure out what is wrong (in
both XP and Vista).  I believe that if either are the above problems are
the case Repair actually should figure it out and fix things
automatically...  If it's something more complicated the step that
Repair fails on can yield a lot of information and potential next steps.

If you are seeing other computers but not internet websites you also may
want to double/triple check the connection settings in your browser as
well, particularly for any installed proxy/VPN set up.  Also double
check all of your installed firewall software (don't forget to check if
your virus scanner or other third party "security" tool is doing
firewalling of any sort).

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/