This is very reminiscent of the music industry a few years ago when they
tried to have laws passed that would have allowed them to access anyone's
machine remotely and delete/disable any MP3 that they thought was illegal.

>From the way it's written, it appears that the intent would be for content
owners to be able to insert ads into video no matter where it resides on the
internet.

This could be used for good, but I think that it has tremendous potential to
be used by spammers for evil.

The question becomes, who decides what video content will have ads inserted
into it, and who polices the people with the technology to prevent it from
being used in nefarious ways?  Legitimate owners could digital DNA to
identify video clips, but the application of technology to insert ads has
tremendous potential for abuse.

Or not.

Could Peace Be Near for YouTube and Hollywood?

.... Google has also piqued the interest of some in Hollywood with new
ad-delivery and content-tracking technology that the company is developing,
according to three studio executives who spoke to CNET News.
Google could one day enable content owners to insert ads into unauthorized
video clips wherever they might be posted online.

Complete article...   http://tinyurl.com/5bdvug

Gary

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

PS - nothing really here about flatulent llamas, just thought I would see if
anyone was paying attention.