Only if the magnetron in the oven imploded and fell out of spacetime
leaving a quantum black hole.  But the small hole in the counter, the
cabinet, and the slab would be a dead giveaway if that happened.

There's also the small matter of the earth collapsing into it
completely after a few weeks of exponential growth.  Probably would
notice that.

(But it might end up as a Schwarzschild black hole, rather than a
Reissner-Nordström black hole .. in which case it might create a new
universe.  *That* background anisotropy would be rather interesting to
explain..)

On Aug 4, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Julia Thompson wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Wayne Eddy wrote:

"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what
to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their
heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome." -- River Tam,
"Serenity"