>On the face of it, none of this sounds horrendous. As with any promise, the
>real deal is whether or not he can or will deliver. YMMV. It's all just a
>matter of trust.

Exactly.  And even if I did trust John McCain personally (which I don't), I
wouldn't trust the Republican machinery that comes with him.  Where does it say
in there that he's gong to take the EPA and other regulatory agencies out of
the hands of the people they're supposed to be regulating?  And where does it
say he's going to disavow the medieval world view of the Fundamentalist leaders
he's been cozying up to?