> So why are the Americans counting total medals instead of
> golds for
> the Olympics? And why the innuendo about Usain Bolt
> "as long as he's
> clean"? And the manufactured fuss about miming during
> the opening
> ceremony when everybody does it during these kind of events
> (the
> Australians admitted they did it at Sydney). And the
> 'not real sports'
> jibes about table tennis, rhythmic gymnastics and others?
> Beach Volleyball Rules Maru
> William T Goodall

Because if you assign 3 points for gold, 2 for silver and 1 point for bronze,
then the crybaby yanks lost to china, and that is unacceptable to the American
chauvinist, patriotic, jingoist, dogmatic, nationalistic media.  Americans can
not accept that they are on their way down, and no longer first in everything.
They whine because they can't prove the Chinese gymnists lied about their age.
Who cares what age they are; that is an arbitrary rule that should be
eliminated.  I bow down to the Chinese volleyball girls, and all the other
champions that dominated this Olympics.  If it wasn't for Phelps (aided by
American society's peculiar syndrome of ADHD) America would have done even more
poorly.
Jon