xponent wrote:

>> You should see
>> what's happening here. We failed miserably where
>> we were expected to win gold medals: soccer (both genders), beach
>> volleyball (both genders) and volleyball (male). Of these, only
>> the female volleyball team got a gold medal. Let's
>> blame Beijing's polluted air!
>
> All we saw on Network TV was the American teams playing whoever......
> But the Brazilians were among the best I saw. You guys are ass kicking!!!!
>
> xponent
> Looked Like We Were Going To Lose To You In All Those Games At Some
> Points Maru rob

Yes, but, except for female volleyball, the USA won _all_ those
games. Male volleyball was the hardest to lose, because the br
team has won almost all the competitions in the past 8 years
or so (and it's said that brazilians "reinvented" volleyball,
adding intelligence to a game of strength and height). And female
soccer keeps losing in the end, to different teams - like
Kiln People, it's a persistent second place, to different winners.

Alberto Monteiro