On 2 Sep 2008, at 02:18, Dan M wrote:

> So, there seems to be at least a few of us who agree that the
> naturalistic
> fallacy is just that, a fallacy. But, if we don't go that route,
> then where
> does one ground basic concepts of good and evil, right and wrong,
> better and
> worse?

Why do they need to be 'grounded'? Doesn't that just lead to an
infinite regress?

If ethics is valid because it is 'grounded' in X, what makes X a valid
basis? Because it's grounded in Y?  And Y in Z?  And ...

Saying 'God did it' is just as useless a non-answer for ethics as it
is for the origin of the universe.

Bumper Sticker Philosophy Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Theists cannot be trusted as they believe that right and wrong are the
arbitrary proclamations of invisible demons.