On 2 Sep 2008, at 23:36, Dan M wrote:

> [...]

That would be some kind of meta-ethics? A system for comparing ethical
systems? Of course there are an infinite number of self-consistent
meta-ethical systems so what yardstick do you use for measuring them?
That would be some kind of meta-meta-ethics? A system for comparing
meta-ethical systems? Of course there are an infinite number of self
consistent meta-meta-ethical systems so what yardstick do you use for
measuring them? That would be some kind of meta-meta-meta ethics....

> Now, you can add another layer to this argument, and it may very
> well be
> turtles all the way down.  But, that's what I've seen you do..
> Ethical
> things are things that help us meet this good goal.  That doesn't
> sound so
> bad...except it doesn't answer the question, it just moves it form
> what is
> ethical to what are good goals.

Maybe the question is flawed?

Clue Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think a case can be made that faith is one of the world's great
evils, comparable to the smallpox virus but harder to eradicate. -
Richard Dawkins