Jon Louis Mann wrote:

> I can't make them NOT have children, any more than I can make people
> not use drugs.  Whether it is the body of the planet or our own
> bodies, people will do what they want unless they are restricted by
> government.  There are autocratic ways to do this, as in China.

But are these ways _efficient_? China population didn't stop growing,
despite the 1-kid-per-couple law. I saw a documentary about a chinese
girl that worked as a slave in some export-oriented industry; she
was an "unperson", an illegal child that was not registered - probably
most girls are unpersons in China now.

> What America does is reward people for having children by giving
> them tax deductions.  Single people have to pay for my children's
> education, etc.  On the other hand, should we reward people for not
> having children?

This is stupid. Nations that have enough money to reward people
for _not_ having babies are those with Z(or N)PG.

Alberto Monteiro