On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM, John Williams
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Sure, the government was largely responsible for creating a huge home price
> bubble and encouraging a bunch of bad loans to con-artists and people who
> had no business getting the loans, but that is not the problem. The problem
> is that the market finally began adjusting the price towards fundamental
> values. Right. Good point.

The problem is government?  Not greed?

Or perhaps you'd be willing to acknowledge that it wasn't *just* government
that was the problem?

I put some of my faith in the greediness of people, including myself
sometimes.  I'm all for reducing the size and market interference... of
greed.  I'm not sure how to do that other than via some sort of political
process.

Nick