On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

Jon Louis Mann wrote:

We need another FDR to
start up some a new CCC, WWW etc.

What are those AFTs? CCC is Brazil was "Comando de Caça aos Comunistas"
(hint: Caça = Hunt, the other words are the same in English). And
WWW sounds terribly like WWIII... I hope I don't preach the same
solution to 29, meaning a WW? (OTOH, it might not be so bad... Billions
dead in the first minutes, and let the survivors think how to
manage the remains of the scorched Earth).

CCC = Civilian Conservation Corps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_Conservation_Corps

WWW? Dunno. Did Jon mean WPA? That would be Works Progress Administration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration

The umbrella label for the whole thing was the New Deal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_deal if you want to read more about various "alphabet soup" programs....

        Julia