On 20/10/2008, at 4:24 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

> But how amazing would it be if Obama does win?  I'd have told you a
> year ago that there was no way in hell that an African American could
> compete for the presidency, let alone be the favorite with a few weeks
> to go.  The unfortunate thing is that the country is so f**ked up now
> that it really will take a superman to have any appreciable success in
> one term.  The good thing is that I think we get a lot of respect back
> from the other nations of the world just by electing him.

And more so if it's an umambiguous landslide. Yes, you're absolutely
right.

Anyway, I just thought I should say that despite the lack of onlist
chatter, some of us abroad are watching closely (I watched the first
two debates in their entirety, and highlights of the third, and the
roast from the dinner the other night - how come the McCain that was
delivering such good lines in the roast doesn't seem to be the same
one that's running for President??).

Charlie.