On Jan 30, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Charlie Bell wrote:

>>> I have a rock that's more interesting than Nick is.
>>>
>>> Charlie.
>>> It Does Happen To Be A Fossil Ammonite, If That Counts For Anything
>>> Maru
>>
>> To be fair, ammonites are rather interesting.  I was going to say
>> "that must be some rock, then", but an ammonite would qualify ..
>> depending on the size, of course.  :)
>
> It's all in the timing... :-)
>
> It's about 4" across, came from Dorset. Had it for years, and it's
> very pretty.
>
> Charlie.
> Not Really More Interesting Than Nick At All Maru

That's about the size of the one I saw at the British Museum of
Natural History once .. it seems not many of them grew to that size as
far as fossils are concerned.  (Interesting that the larger ones seem
to have ended up in England .. :)

"I'm over the moon.  This is my over-the-moon face." -- Toby Ziegler