Dan M wrote:
I've got a question that I think about when I think of Brin.  He hasn't
written a regular novel since Kiln People, which was about 6 years ago...and
his last graphic novel was a year after that.

Is it fair to say that, while he will continue to write short fiction, the
probability of a new novel is exponentially decaying, or will there be new
novels?

Dan--

Not that I've read it yet, but your sense is
that _Sky Horizon_ doesn't count?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/159606109X?tag=davidbrinsoff-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=159606109X&adid=18VPX1PC1EP4RMZ75NCZ&;

Once we got our definitions straight, I'd be
prepared to bet there'll be a new
(sole-author, adult) novel within 5 years.

                                ---David