> Obama, yesterday, was right on target when he said there was no single
> silver bullet for this problem.  But, we do know things can be better,
> because we are paying twice as much as the average developed country per
> person with worse than average results.

I have heard, but have been too lazy to confirm, that there is a GDP per
capita health care spending curve, and as a very affluent country the
USA is almost right where it should be on that predictive model.  What
is whacked is that relative to our per capita spending (which meet
expectations) we get crappy *public* health results.

So health care savings probably are not in the works--unless we move off
the health care spending / per capita income curve.

We can improve typical health care outcomes, but that will produce a lot
of health care reform losers.