William,

Aye.

The application of religious thinking where it is not warranted (we differ in that you think it is /never/ warranted, I don't. Oh, well...) leads to crazy outcomes. The most vocal parts of the Republican party are doing just that: they're applying the logic of "faith" where "knowledge" would be better applied.

Dave