On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:14 PM, dsummersmi...@comcast.net
<dsummersmi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Some of the time, but only some of the time, I have the sender as the
> poster, not brin-l.  Alberto was nice enough to send it back to me so I can
> repost it.

As I posted before (maybe you missed it if that was when the list was
having problems), that is because your messages have the Reply-to: set
to both your personal email- and the list email-address.

So if someone hits reply, it depends on whether their email client
uses the Reply-to: or the From: field to reply. If they use the
directly. Unless your email filters one of them, you should then
receive two copies when that happens. I suppose it is also possible
that some email readers arbitrarily choose just one of the two
email-addresses in the Reply-to: field.

I usually manually remove your personal email (as I have done on this
reply) from the To: field so that my reply only goes to the list.