On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Nick Arnett <nick.arn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems unfortunately, since it certainly appears to me that the health
> care industry could benefit from more competition.

I'm always in favor of more competition. But I think the best way to
increase competition, without increasing government spending[1], is
for the Federal government to pressure the states to reform state laws
that limit interstate competition for health insurance. Perhaps make
Medicaid funds dependent on such reforms.

[1] I know that reformers claim the government option would not be
subsidized, but I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm afraid it
would end up sucking down taxpayer money quite soon.